Our Mission & Vision
- The Downtown Milford Business Association's vision and mission is to bring attention to our beautiful downtown with all its various and unique amenities, inviting you to shop, dine, and play. Walk the second longest town Green in Connecticut, alongside the harbor, Lisman Landing, monuments, the Historical Society and Historic buildings, the Milford Fine Arts Center, and the tallest flagpole in the State!
- Membership consists of primarily local small business owners, including retail, services, and restaurants that are committed to working together to create a strong and vibrant downtown.
- We want to encourage developers, investors, property owners, entrepreneurs and others to locate here to help strengthen the economic base of downtown.
- As part of our marketing and promotional campaigns we seek to reach out to shoppers, diners, visitors and potential residents by showcasing our quaint New England characteristics. Our downtown is especially unique because we can be reached by car, train, boat, bike or on foot. Our harbor is within walking distance of many fine locally owned shops, restaurants and services.
- We are constantly working with the City of Milford and civic organizations to improve the appearance of Downtown so that it is perceived as clean, safe and friendly while preserving its historic appeal.
- We produce and present our own branded special annual downtown events that include: 'Love Local' on Valentine's Day, Cap'n Kidd Treasure Hunt the second Sunday in June (aka "Pirates Day'), Wine Trail on the second Saturday in September, Small Business Month the entire month of November, and Lamplight Stroll the first weekend in December.
- We are working to communicate the vision, and activities of the Downtown Milford Business Association to the community through membership and sponsorship opportunities and special events.